So you can see how much we get on the computer! Busy, busy, busy...MaryEllen has been reading away with what we call "worldly" books. You know the kind, supermarket paperbacks that you finish in a couple of days. A nicer title for them may be the "Great Escape" books. I've just finished book 3 of the Eragon Series, "Brisingr". It took me more than a couple of days, but I do enjoy that series. This one was a little more violent, had alot of war scenes that were very detailed, but I like the story line and lessons learned. It was suppose to be a trilogy...but now there is going to be a book 4. One more to add to the list of things to read. It seems my list of books I want to read never shrinks down.
For those of you fantasy nuts, the Looking Glass Wars is a great series to add to your list of books to read. A fun take-off on "Alice in Wonderland" it gives the original fairy tale an interesting twist. I'm anxiously waiting for book 3 to be published (that's on my list to read too).
So.....what's your list of books you are waiting for a chance to read. Give us your top 5 books that are next in line, waiting for your opportunity to curl up and enjoy the pages of.
My next five are:
"InkDeath" (book 3 of the InkHeart series)
"Altered State" (LDS fiction by Luke--GREAT author)
"Fablehaven V4" (no I haven't read it yet....I know....I'm slacking)
"The Last Waltz" (historical fiction/romance...beginning of World War I)
"Picture of Dorian Gray" (I've always wanted to read it...finally moved it up the list)
Remember to read...read...read.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just 5?? Okay...The Black Hand (Will Thomas- fantastic author), Rachel (3rd of the Women of Genesis books by Orson Scott Card), Ginger Pye (a Newbury book to read to my girls), my 2nd Nora Roberts (I think it's High Noon)...and I'll put the 4th Fablehaven on there (haven't read it either- my library doesn't own it- gasp! so I'll have to reserve it).
ReplyDeletewow thats a hard question...
ReplyDelete1. Harry Potter and deathly hallow
2. Looking Glass Wars
3. My Sister's Keeper
4. Artemis Fowl
5. and im waiting for the next Leven Thumps book to come our.
But knowing me i'll probably read 5 other books before i read the books on this list :D
Hey you two- I KNOW you've read something good in these last 4 weeks so tell! tell!
ReplyDeleteI just finished a new favorite that you might like- The Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale. Try it!